Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Poor Dog Just Needs a Good Home!

I know it's been a couple weeks since this took place, but did anyone hear about what happened with Ellen Degeneres and the little puppy Iggy? If not, here is the video from her show of her explaining what happened...Ellen Video.

Well now people are making death threats to the dog shelter Iggy came from, talking bad about the shelter, and creating a bad reputation for the place. In my opinion, the shelter did what they had to do, but I think it was wrong to send a policeman to get the dog without giving the family notice. Also, even though Ellen did the wrong thing, at least she admitted to doing so.

The one thing I'm curious about is if she should have acted the way she did on her show that day when she explained what happened. As you can all see she was hysterically crying and could hardly spit out what she had to say. I know she was upset, but by acting that way on national television, so many people are now incredibley ticked off at the this dog shelter because they feel sorry for Ellen because she cried on TV.

How do you think the Ellen PR team should have handled this situation? Also, what do you guys think about the dog shelter getting death threats because of the way Ellen acted on TV? I honestly feel bad for the dogs at the shelter, it's not their fault Ellen screwed up.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That following week Ellen stated on her show that is unfair that the shelter was getting death threats and to please stop. After that there was nothing else said about the incident. I guess her word was enough.

Unknown said...

I don't think that there is much that Ellen's PR team could have done because it was a personal matter that I think just came out of her. I don't think that she could have controlled her reaction. I saw the same episode where she told people to stop making death threats to the shelter because that was not her intentions. I think that Ellen is such a powerful and influential figure that it is unfortunate how sometimes she can have such emotional control over her viewers without helping it.