Monday, October 15, 2007

The Talkers

Chapter 8 of The New Influencers, titled "The Talkers" is a great chapter to read concerning podcasts and how to make one. I'm sure as many other people in class, I had no idea how to make my own podcast until reading this chapter, watching the apple videos in class, and playing with the apple program Garage Band all last class period. We listen to podcasts for homework assignments and I'm finding that they are all over the web as well.

This chapter helps to explain podcasts, how they can be made, and why they are important. It talks about an example with a man named Joe Carpenter and how he used his podcasting abilities to talk about his love for wine. He now has his own site and has become quite a success. It's just amazing to me how far technology has come, and that it's so easy to create your own show about whatever you want by making a podcast.

Ever since I saw the podcast assignment, I was a little intimidated by it, but now I'm excited. I think it's going to be awesome making our own shows and doing everything on our own!

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I too shared much of the apprehension you expressed in this blog about the upcoming podcasting assignment. I also felt reassured about things after reading the chapter plus our discussions and lessons on garage band in class. I look forward to working in a group to make a podcast, getting some friends to make some original music for us and getting a little taste of broadcasting.