Monday, November 26, 2007

iTunes U

So all college students know what iTunes is, and there are all kinds of fun things associated with it. Well iTunes just got that more fun because it now has iTunes U. I came across this article from the LA Times called "The iPod lecture circuit" and it talks about iTunes new program.

Since we made our own podcasts, we all know what one is. Also, since Professor Martinez came to class and took us on a Second Life field trip, we all know that it's possible to tune into class lectures online. However, iTunes U lets you choose a university and listen to lectures about various topics within a podcast. Some of these universities are top schools in the U.S. like Stanford and Berkeley and have tons of available lectures to tune into.

You should definitely go to iTunes and check out iTunes U because it's pretty spiffy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that it is great that iTunes U is out. I wasn't able to go to the link because I don't have a LA Times account, but I am wondering if they are charging you for downloading the lectures. I think that it would be so fantastic to be able to sit in and listen in on different class lectures, especially ones from prestigious schools. I also am wondering if you can download and listen to the podcast in lieu of going to class..?

Shane said...

I think that this is a really good idea. Ultimately, I think that this could get a lot more people attracted in furthering their education. I know that if I could have listened to lectures going on at different colleges that could have played a major role in where I ended up. I am also sure that this could help those people who are unsure if college is for them to decide whether it is or not. I also think that it will help students to get a lot more input on different topics. It would be cool to compare what your professors are saying to what other professors about the same topic.