Monday, November 12, 2007

Podcasts and Radio Shows

A few years ago I interned for Clear Channel Radio. I worked remotes for all six stations: KISS FM, Jammin' 105.9, 1500AM Sports, KVET, KASE, and 102.3. My favorite station to work for was 96.7 because I loved the morning show and the DJs.

Almost everyday I look at Bobbybones.com and just realized how great things have become for radio. On their page they have detailed lists about what happened on each of the show, podcasts, their Myspace page, and even display tons of videos from YouTube. Many of these videos are from different segments they do on the show, competitions/contests, and various events mentioned on the show.

I have shown a lot of these videos and news stories on this site to some of my friends, and not only do they visit the site almost daily too, but they have started listening to the show as well.

It's amazing how far social media, technology, and the web have come today and this is one perfect example of how beneficial it is for something like a radio show.

2 comments:

Shane said...

While some things that technology has brought into this world are questionable, I think that this (podcasts, youtube, blogs, myspace, better websites in general) are one of the great things that it has allowed many people to do. It is great to be able to keep up with radio shows, especially one that you like. If you were too busy to tune in it is almost like you didn't even miss the show because everything that happened is there.

Unknown said...

Yea I have noticed how into the website you are and so I started to check it out myself and it is a really cool website :D I think that it is great how they provide a visual to their show by posting YouTube videos on the contests that they have done. I think that it is also a good PR tool because it allows for their fans to really gain access to the radio show.